International Scientific Conference in Ljubljana
The international scientific conference "Regional Cooperation and European Integration", organized by International Center for Promotion of Enterprises (ICPE), was held on Monday, November 7th 2011 in Ljubljana, Slovenia, where the representatives of the Economics Institute Banja Luka, Ms. Vladana Milak, Mr. Jovan Đukic and Mr. Nebojša Bomeštar, headed by the Director of the Institute, Mr. Radovan Rodić were present.
Co-organizers of the conference were:
- Institute of Economic Sciences (IES), Belgrade, Serbia,
- University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
- Scuola di Amministrazione Aziendale, Turin, Italy
- Institute of Economics, Zagreb, Croatia
- Institute of Economics, Banja Luka, RS, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Institute of Economics, Sarajevo, FBiH, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Belgrade Banking Academy, Belgrade, Serbia.
The conference was opened by Dr. Štefan Bogdan Šalej, Director of the ICPE and Prof. Dr. Dejan Erić, IES Director. The participants of the conference were the representatives of a number of institutions-co-organizers.
About twenty scientific papers were presented, grouped into four sessions:
- Analysis of the Relations Between WB Countries and The EU; Policy of Equally Spread and Sustainable Regional Development in the Function of the European Integrations;
- Evaluation of Undergone Transition Changes in Western Balkan Countries; Structural Changes in WB Countries Economy in the Function of the EU Integrations;
- Restructuring of Enterprises in Order to Achieve Efficiency and Effectiveness; Macroeconomic Framework for Structural Adjustments and
- Development and Competitiveness of Financial Systems in Western Balkan Countries.
Among them, our researcher Mr. Nebojša Bomeštar presented the paper “Price of transition and transition losses in CEE countries with special reference to BiH”.
As a conclusion of the Conference was the outcome of the analysis of the importance of common interests and improve the general economic situation and sustainable development in order to continue the integration process of Western Balkan countries towards EU membership. Also, analysis of the transition process in the Western Balkans is of paramount importance, both for the analysis of past events and to predict the future and to find directions for further development. In addition, it is necessary to continue with the process of enterprise restructuring in order to increase their efficiency, effectiveness and competitiveness, with posebnm focus on public companies. In order to continue the process of European integration of Western Balkan countries it is very important further development of the financial sector.